Sports and Spirituality

As many of you know I am a big sports fan. Like many of you, I have my favorite sport (College Football) and my favorite team (the Cornhuskers). Tune in to a college football game on TV some Saturday and you can quickly draw some parallels between sport and worship.

This morning I read a blog post by a Brazillian church planter named Felipe Assis who wrote about this connection. I enjoyed the post and agree with his conclusion that sport points to a greater reality that satisfies the internal longings for which we often times turn to sports.

Here's the link.

1 comments:

Dave Hutchings said...

Interesting parallels. I've never been to a Husker tailgate, but I remember fondly your and my fanaticsim as we sat in the North Stadium section of Memorial Stadium as freshmen in the fall of 1976. The stadium has sure changed since we were there - as have we!

I'll be sending you a communique via the Jubilee Wentzville website soon!

Dave Hutchings
UNL '80
Boston, Massachusetts


 
© 2009 - Heinsight 2020 | Free Blogger Template designed by Choen

Home | Top